Notice: In Effect as of Friday August 9, 7:00 AM EDT
We are currently closed to graphic novel submissions.
Please sign up for our newsletter for updates and for advance notice when we reopen to submissions.
Newsletter recipients will receive at least 24 hours of advance notice when we have submission calls. Sign up here.
Our primary interest is in crime (mystery/thriller/suspense) sci fi, fantasy and horror; however, we love genre blends and champion works that infuse the best elements of genre. Whether you weave romance in with your mystery or have a sleuth who's a ghost, we're interested.
Please include the following:
1. A query with 3 paragraphs as follows, in the body of your email:
- Paragraph 1 about the work. Include word count, genre, plot pitch.
- Paragraph 2 about the author. Can include relevant experience, including life experience related to the story and/or writing experience, information about any other novel projects in the works or planned, talents that can contribute to production, such as being a voice actor. Diverse authors are encouraged to identify themselves. #ownvoices authors should identify themselves. Please list the author's social media accounts with corresponding links.
- Paragraph 3 about the intended audience for the submission. Who will read this? Is there a specific age group or group of people dealing with a particular issue or who have a particular interest this will appeal to? What do you hope readers will take away from this book?
2. A 3-5 page synopsis. Make sure the synopsis is thorough and covers the core story from beginning to end. Send as an attached word document. We will not review PDF documents or RTF documents. Please send .doc or .docx only.
3. 5 consecutive pages of art. In the event that your art files are large indicate you are sending successive emails and send 1-2 attachments per email using the same subject line. You can also share art via a shared Google doc.
****Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as follows:
submission/book title/graphic novel/word count
In the event that you realize you have missed one of the required items please resubmit all material again in a new email. Multiple emails with bits and pieces increases the likelihood that part of your submission will be lost.
Submissions can be addressed to Submissions or Sandra Ruttan.